To grant access to users:
- Select a subordinate user, access to whom you are going to grant.
- Click the Current User -> Access Control Rules...
- Click the Assigned Statuses tab.
- To apply the user’s own status as the effective status for the current user (a smanske user must have the software developer status for the user ctuck), grant access for your user with the default parameters.
- To extend the list of inherited statuses (a smanske user must have both the software developer and line manager statuses for the user ctuck), grant access for your user and assign the necessary statuses to them. The user’s own status and any statuses assigned to the parent users will be inherited automatically - you shouldn't assign them.
- To completely redefine the list of effective statuses (a smanske user must have only the line manager status for the user ctuck), grant access for your user, assign any necessary statuses, and mark the Override checkbox as needed. In this case, the user's own status and any inherited assigned statuses specified for the parent users are not taken into account, when TrackStudio determines effective status for the user.
- To make a user accessible for all subordinate users whose own status is the same (all users with a status of software developer can access the user ctuck), grant access for this status.
Users can use users which lie between the root user and accessible users only for navigating. Users can neither view properties of such users nor modify them.